Employer Reference: REF597X
If working for a company that values its people and recognizes the importance of work/life balance is appealing to you, look no further than ITG Brands!
WHO WE ARE
ITG Brands is the U.S. division of Imperial Brands. We are the nation's third-largest tobacco company with offerings of some of the most well-known cigarette, cigar and vaping products. ITG Brands carries at its core, the mindset that, in order to succeed, a company must treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. We are currently searching for a Director, Talent & Development located in Greensboro, NC.
Accountable for leading Talent Development (TD) and Talent Acquisition (TA) for the Company. Leads the strategic implementation and embedding of talent development, learning, and talent acquisition strategies and solutions to enable and support the delivery and optimization of the Company business performance.
Key member of the ITG Brands People & Culture Leadership Team and will work closely with the Global Learning, Development, Talent and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team. Works collaboratively with all business stakeholders and colleagues in the US and across other Markets, to create/source, implement and embed appropriate, cost-effective solutions. As a subject matter expert, skillfully utilize a deep knowledge and experience in delivering success for the Company and in influencing and championing global Talent Development, Learning and Talent Acquisition strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the Company)
- Effectively create, implement and embed company TD and TA strategies, plans and actions with agreed measures and metrics, to understand and address critical skill, behaviors, mindset and expertise needs.
- Represent the US region in actively influencing and contributing to the design, delivery and embedding of Global TD and TA strategies
- Lead the Talent & Capability building by leading global talent process and programs for the Company. Works with leaders to develop Talent Plans for critical roles and teams, identify existing talent, critical talent and roles, capability gaps, build technical capability priorities, succession plan (including international moves). Addressing actual and future organizational needs, and build a sustainable future talent pipeline. Lead regular reviews with the leadership team
- Design, deliver and/or source engaging learning and development solutions locally, and work collaboratively with colleagues in the wider Learning & Development Team (in other Markets and in global roles) to effectively identify and best utilize resources; avoiding duplication in effort and sharing learning/best practice (‘design once, deploy multiple times’)
- Deliver effective performance coaching to optimize individual, team and business performance
- Effectively lead a hybrid team of in-house and RPO Recruiters to attract and hire diverse talent with critical skills and experience to enable and accelerate delivery of business performance
- Subject matter expert and contact for TD and TA activity with colleagues, hiring managers and other key stakeholders to ensure high levels of hiring manager satisfaction and candidate experience
- Identify and ‘import’ latest thinking and innovation in TD and TA practices, to enable the company to create ‘world class practice’ – leading the market and our competitors in attracting, developing and retaining high performing Talent
- Manage external vendor relationships, partnering to create and/or source solutions to meet business needs
- Partner with colleagues to implement and effectively utilize appropriate SLAs / KPIs/measures to track, measure and evaluate effectiveness of service and solution delivery, determining return on investment and identifying and implementing actionable insights in support of continuous improvement in operating practices and processes
- Lead and actively contribute to evaluations, pilots and implementations of leading-edge recruiting and learning tools to ensure continuous improvement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field of study
- 10+ years related work experience, to include but is not limited to
- Effectively establishing and leading Talent Development, Learning and Talent Acquisition Functions; creating and implementing clearly defined strategies and plans to best support and enable business performance
- Deep expertise in creating, sourcing and implementing a broad range of pragmatic, innovative development solutions for all levels of leader, up to and including senior management level, in fast paced, customer centric environments.
- Practical application in large, complex organizations of latest thinking / practice in Talent Development, Learning and Talent Acquisition,
- Coaching senior leaders to optimize their performance and/or the performance of their team/business area.
- Detailed and accurate management and maintenance of data enabling effective data management and reporting, generating and utilizing insight to make informed decisions and business recommendations.
- Working collaboratively, gaining senior stakeholder and colleague engagement, commitment and buy-in to delivery
- Proven expertise in effectively measuring and demonstrating return on investment for L&C and TA
- Highly skilled and experienced in all forms of communication at all levels, demonstrating deep subject matter expertise balanced with pragmatic understanding of business need/priorities.
- 5+ years direct managerial/supervisory experience
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem/situation analysis
- Effective time and task management
- Multitasking capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Multitasking capabilities
- Solution Generation
- Creating clear strategy plans
- Delivering practical, pragmatic actions, with minimal guidance
- Provide definitive rationale and influence in the decision process
- Plan, organize, prioritize and manage projects or programs independently
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate critical thinking
- Work with diverse populations and varying education levels
- Prioritize assignments, workload, and manage time accordingly
- Navigate and manage ambiguity
- Travel domestically and/or internationally as needed
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field of study
- Workday HCM
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR)
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Requires light physical effort. Occasionally lifts or moves light objects (under 10 lbs.).
- Reach and grasp objects / Hand eye coordination
- Walks, sits, or stands for prolonged periods
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Requires prolonged machine operation including computer and keyboard equipment
- Experience exposure to uncomfortable work environment due to extreme temperature, noise level, and other conditions including second-hand smoke and/or vape
PERKS OF WORKING AT ITG BRANDS
- Competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance/disability plans
- Dollar for dollar 401k match up to 6% and 5% annual company contribution
- 15 Company-paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Casual dress policy Monday through Friday
- Education assistance
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee discounts
- Summer hours
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
ITG Brands will follow applicable federal and state rules relating to COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, applicants who receive conditional job offers should be prepared to provide information and documentation regarding vaccination status upon request by ITG Brands.
ITG Brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.