Employer Reference: REF606N
If working for a company that values its people and recognizes the importance of work/life balance is appealing to you, look no further than ITG Brands!
WHO WE ARE
ITG Brands is the U.S. division of Imperial Brands. We are the nation's third-largest tobacco company with offerings of some of the most well-known cigarette, cigar and vaping products. ITG Brands carries at its core, the mindset that, in order to succeed, a company must treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. We are currently searching for a Division Sales Manager located in Boston, MA.
Responsible for managing and executing the Company’s sales growth strategies for assigned division and supervising field sales representatives within their division. The position will develop short and long-range plans and programs including actively pursuing partnerships with well-aligned customers, deepening relationships with current customers, and maximizing our retail partnerships. Opportunity to direct the planning, organization, and direction and coordination of activities for the sales function to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted profitable growth and professionally develop sales staff.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the Company)
- Talent Development and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Evaluate and consistently develop individual team members to improve their skills, capabilities, and overall performance.
- Collaborate with team members to create a positive, energetic environment in the Division, while directing the work of the Sales Representatives.
- Act as a coach and motivate team to deliver executional excellence.
- Role model persuasive selling skills and optimal coverage designs that enables success for Sales Representatives.
- Make personnel decisions and recommendations, with input from human resources partners, for Sales Representatives.
- Retail Partnership
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with retail customers across the Division.
- Identify opportunities within the Division and provide input to Region on potential areas for improved results.
- Model ability to influence retailer to support the Company’s key strategies and initiatives.
- Penetrate consumer and retailer insights to drive alignment between the Company and the consumer.
- Retail Execution & Selling
- Coach and develop team to improve selling skills and maintain strong retail partnerships across assignments.
- Lead team in development of selling plans that resonate with retailers and encompass conceptual selling themes across all Company product categories.
- Demonstrate product and industry knowledge to effectively support and guide your team and Division.
- Collaborate with Region resources to identify sales opportunities that can be acted upon to drive sales performance.
- Direct the tactical quarterly and monthly cycles of key sales initiative deployment for your team and Division.
- Account for delivering all assigned retail execution objectives and key company priorities within the respective Division.
- Analyze Division for opportunities of insights, suggestions, ideas, and solutions that are shareable to maximize selling and executional impact.
- Strategically analyze Division landscape, customers, and develop win-win solutions for the Company and customers.
- Retail Coverage
- Measure and direct team resources to maximize time allocation on a store by store basis in order to meet productivity objectives.
- Ensure alignment to retail cycle plan coverage objectives and overall coverage model parameters.
- Work with Sales Representatives to optimize assignment coverage designs to maximize retail activity time in achieving strategic objectives.
- Retail Store Development
- Ensure placement and services of all merchandising fixtures/displays to present a competitive merchandising advantage across all Company product categories.
- Ensure all requirements of our retail partnership agreements are being maintained by retail stores.
- Ensure and maintain all promotional programs and competitive pricing initiatives.
- Retail Communication & Insights
- Help team gain and maintain acceptance by retail store management to use the “ITG Portal” as the primary method for reimbursement and tracking.
- Facilitate sharing of best practice approaches across Area, Region, and Division as well as internally to improve business performance.
- Solicit and report customer and competitor insights to identify critical sales opportunities and provide solutions to Regional Sales Manager, Area Vice President, and HQ.
- Collaborate with Area, Region, and Division resources to develop best practice approaches to business opportunities. Seek out support to improve optimum performance of Division.
- Accept responsibility for Division results across all deliverables: coverage, merchandising, distribution, promotional programs, volume objectives and talent management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3+ years related sales experience
- Experience with driving sales performance in a team environment
- Experience in business-to-business account selling
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued from state of residence
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem/situation analysis
- Effective time and task management
- Multitasking capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Delivering on Division’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) while driving best practices across sales plans, optimal coverage, and quarterly and monthly measurements and reporting
- Building strong business relationships with customers
- Communicate to a broad and diverse audience
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate critical thinking
- Work with diverse populations and varying education levels
- Receive and communicate information orally and in writing
- Prioritize assignments, workload, and manage time accordingly
- Ability to effectively monitor category performance with planning and communication
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field of study
- 1+ years direct supervision/managerial experience
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Employee must live within the assignment or 45 miles from the boundary of the assignment or be willing to relocate
- Requires moderate physical effort. Occasionally lifts or moves light objects (10-50 lbs.)
- Able to bend, crouch, stretch, climb, or reach in retail environments
- Walks, sits, or stands for extended periods
- Travel required based on assignment needs
- Occasional exposure to noise, dust, or weather
- Operates in a retail and wholesale environment
- Requires prolonged machine operation including vehicle, computer, and keyboard equipment
PERKS OF WORKING AT ITG BRANDS
- Competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance/disability plans
- Dollar for dollar 401k match up to 6% and 5% annual company contribution
- 15 Company-paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Casual dress policy Monday through Friday
- Education assistance
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee discounts
- Summer hours
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
ITG Brands will follow applicable federal and state rules relating to COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, applicants who receive conditional job offers should be prepared to provide information and documentation regarding vaccination status upon request by ITG Brands.
ITG Brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.