Employer Reference: REF588B
If working for a company that values its people and recognizes the importance of work/life balance is appealing to you, look no further than ITG Brands!
WHO WE ARE
ITG Brands is the U.S. division of Imperial Brands. We are the nation's third-largest tobacco company with offerings of some of the most well-known cigarette, cigar and vaping products. ITG Brands carries at its core, the mindset that, in order to succeed, a company must treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. We are currently searching for a Primary Manufacturing Supervisor located in Greensboro, NC.
Supervises the activities of the hourly employees involved in leaf processing cutting, blending, and warehousing. Ensures requirements are met relating to production scheduling, quality standards, safety standards, sanitation, budgeted cost, human relations, and the master union agreement. Executes production plan as agreed upon with planning. This role is cross-trained to provide supervisory support across departments as coverage needs arise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the Company)
- Supervise the assigned staff for accuracy of detailed work, manufacturing processes, machine set-up, brand changes, overall equipment operation, recordkeeping, safety, housekeeping, procedures, and responsibility associated within the area of Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines.
- Ensures production and quality standards are maintained by effective production scheduling, controlling material usage, maintaining processing parameters, proper rotation of tobacco according to feed system locations, and maintaining quality/sanitation programs.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment and minimization of downtime by monitoring equipment performance, reporting malfunctions/potential problems to maintenance personnel and informing immediate supervisor of major problems.
- Utilizes assigned personnel within the terms of the master union agreement by managing union personnel activities, maintaining sufficient trained staff, and assigning personnel to maximum efficiency.
- Communicates, administers, and enforces Company policies and procedures by training employees, maintaining safety program, addressing disciplinary problems, preparing/maintaining production/labor utilization reports, and verifying payroll time worked.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis methodology to promote continuous improvements. Participates in meetings delivering issues, opportunities, and action items. Maintains up to date knowledge of company/department KPIs and makes recommendations for improvements for assigned area. Leads cross functional teams. Strong focus on Beetle control and leaf waste management.
- Leads and provides support to 6S initiatives and MBU meetings focused on key performance indicators.
- Provides quality service/product to customers by identifying who customers are, understanding customer needs, and setting priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Administers Quality Systems procedures and requirements by training employees, conducting internal audits, and enforcing adherence to established policies
- Provides support to the monitoring and reporting of KPIs for Leaf Processing as related to quality, productivity, waste management, MBU and downtime. Utilizes reports generated by company systems to monitor process operation and develop methods to evaluate the operation and/or improve processes.
- Inventory three times a month for Casing Kitchen and twice a month for leaf tobacco. Maintain daily inventories for Master Production Scheduling.
- Identifies training needs of assigned operators. Works with the training department(s) to schedule training and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant work experience OR
- Associate’s degree in Management or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant work experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Related experience to include:
- Experience demonstrating progression in responsibility in a highly regulated industry
- Experience in a union environment
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- Intermediate proficiency with enterprise resource systems, including reporting
- Intermediate proficiency with time and attendance software
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem/situation analysis
- Effective time and task management
- Multitasking capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Communicate to a broad and diverse audience.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and manage projects or programs.
- Maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate critical thinking.
- Work with diverse populations and varying education levels.
- Receive and communicate information orally and in writing.
- Prioritize assignments, workload, and manage time accordingly.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related discipline and 7+ years related work experience
- Related experience to include:
- 5+ years’ supervisory and/or managerial experience within a union environment.
- Tobacco industry experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Requires physical effort. Occasionally lifts or moves moderate to heavy weight objects (10-50 lbs.).
- Reach and grasp objects / hand eye coordination.
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Static positions for extended periods of time: Standing
- Prolonged machine operation including computer and keyboard equipment.
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Identify and distinguish color and shades of color.
- Work with equipment or perform procedures where carelessness may result in injury.
- Experience exposure to uncomfortable work environment due to extreme temperature, noise level, and other conditions including second-hand smoke and/or vape.
- Risk for occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
PERKS OF WORKING AT ITG BRANDS
- Competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance/disability plans
- Dollar for dollar 401k match up to 6% and 5% annual company contribution
- 15 Company-paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Casual dress policy Monday through Friday
- Education assistance
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee discounts
- Summer hours
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
ITG Brands will follow applicable federal and state rules relating to COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, applicants who receive conditional job offers should be prepared to provide information and documentation regarding vaccination status upon request by ITG Brands.
ITG Brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.