Employer Reference: REF594T
If working for a company that values its people and recognizes the importance of work/life balance is appealing to you, look no further than ITG Brands!
WHO WE ARE
ITG Brands is the U.S. division of Imperial Brands. We are the nation's third-largest tobacco company with offerings of some of the most well-known cigarette, cigar and vaping products. ITG Brands carries at its core, the mindset that, in order to succeed, a company must treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. We are currently searching for a Safety Specialist located in Greensboro, NC.
Under broad supervision, responsible for the implementation of various occupational safety activities in the organization to include, but is not limited to, such items as development and implementation of comprehensive safety programs, safety inspections, facility audits, investigations, in addition to providing both tactical and strategic insight for maintaining a safe work environment and positive safety culture in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the Company)
- Develops effective safety training curricula and deliver required training to any level in the organization to convey safety policies and procedures
- Plans, organizes, implements and maintains comprehensive safety programs and initiatives ensuring compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Develops and implements specific safety policies, programs, procedures and other documentation that effectively demonstrate compliance with OSHA regulations, company policies, and the reinforcement of safety KPIs and deliverables.
- Coordinates and performs safety assessments and inspections of safety procedures, equipment and programs to ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements and risk reduction management through the identification of nonconformance and the use of corrective action.
- Participates in the accident investigation process to determine the root cause, circumstances and contributing factors.
- Develops and implements corrective and preventive actions and follows-up to ensure efficacy and prevent accident recurrence.
- Drives continuous improvement through utilization of safety program elements such as Near Miss program, Corrective Action initiatives, risk assessments, and PDCAs through active participation in multifunctional improvement teams to provide safety guidance.
- Provides technical expertise through participation on safety teams, fostering a climate of concern and responsibility for worker safety, and responding to safety issues or complaints
- Stays current with new and pending safety legislation and anticipates regulatory requirements
- Reviews and updates Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or other EHS related field of study and 3+ years related work experience; or
- Associate degree in in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or other EHS related field of study and 5+ years related work experience; or
- High school diploma or equivalent and 7+ years related work experience
- Federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to occupational safety and health.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar application
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Problem/situation analysis
- Effective time and task management
- Multitasking capabilities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Multitasking capabilities
- Provide definitive rationale and influence the decision process
- Plan, organize, prioritize and manage projects or programs independently
- Maintain strict confidentiality and discretion
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate critical thinking
- Work with diverse populations and varying education levels
- Prioritize assignments, workload, and manage time accordingly
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or other EHS related field of study and 5+ years related work experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of 29 CFR 1910 General Industry standard
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Requires light physical effort. Occasionally lifts or moves light objects (under 10 lbs.)
- Reach and grasp objects / hand eye coordination
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Walks, sits, or stands for extended periods.
- Requires prolonged machine operation including vehicle, computer, and keyboard equipment
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Identify and distinguish color and shades of color
- Work with equipment or perform procedures where carelessness may result in injury
- Experience exposure to uncomfortable work environment due to extreme temperature, noise level, and other conditions including second-hand smoke and/or vape
- Risk for occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens
PERKS OF WORKING AT ITG BRANDS
- Competitive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance/disability plans
- Dollar for dollar 401k match up to 6% and 5% annual company contribution
- 15 Company-paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Casual dress policy Monday through Friday
- Education assistance
- Employee recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee discounts
- Summer hours
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
ITG Brands will follow applicable federal and state rules relating to COVID-19 vaccinations. Accordingly, applicants who receive conditional job offers should be prepared to provide information and documentation regarding vaccination status upon request by ITG Brands.
ITG Brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.